- Candidates must be graduates of approved dental schools in the United States or Canada. Columbia University Medical Center requires that all hired dental residents have either a US or Canadian dental degree. Otherwise, applicants cannot be hired.
- Must have passed Part 1 and Part 2 National Dental Board Examination to apply
- The National Board of Medical Examiners Clinical Basic Science Exam (NBME CBSE) is required
- United States Citizenship, permanent resident card or J-1 visa.
- Oral and maxillofacial surgery externships (not necessarily at NYPH) while in dental school are strongly encouraged and research experience is preferred.
Some applicants will be chosen for admission interviews, which are required before acceptance.
The Residency Program in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery participates in the Postdoctoral Dental Matching Program.
How to Apply
Prospective students must apply to the program through the American Dental Education Association (ADEA) Postdoctoral Application Support Service (PASS), via the PASS website. Application deadline is October 1.
In addition to your application, you must submit the following:
- Supplemental application
- 2X2 photo
Please send the supplemental application and all supporting documentation to:
Dr. Alia Koch
Director, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Residency Program
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
622 West 168th St., HP-868
New York, NY 10032