Hosam Mohamed Alraqiq, BDS, MSD, MA, CHES
Dr. Hosam Alrqiq is a board certified public health dentist. His research interests include community based research, quality measurement, and dental education. Dr. Alrqiq received his B.D.S from Tripoli University in Libya, as well as a Master’s of Science in Dental Public Health from Boston University Goldman School of Dental Medicine. Following his advanced training in orthodontics, and pediatric dentistry at New York University College of Dentistry, he completed his residency in dental public health at Columbia University College of Dental Medicine.
- Assistant Professor of Dental Medicine at CUMC
Credentials & Experience
Education & Training
- MS, 2008 Dental Public Health , Boston University Goldman School of Dental Medicine
- Residency: 2013 Columbia University School of Dentistry
- Fellowship: 2009 New York University
- Fellowship: 2011 New York University College of Dentistry
Honors & Awards
Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES)
Alrqiq HM, Edelstein BL. Use of Quality Measurement across US Dental Delivery Systems: A Qualitative Analysis. J Public Health Dent. 2015 Sep 1. doi: 10.1111/jphd.12117.
Alrqiq HM, Scott TE, Mascarenhas AK. Evaluating a Cultural Competency Curriculum: Changes in Dental Students' Perceived Awareness, Knowledge, and Skills. J Dent Educ. 2015 Sep; 79(9):1009-15.