- Must have passed Part 1 and Part 2 National Dental Board Examination to apply
- Advanced Dental Admissions Test (ADAT) is optional for the 2016 cycle
- For Foreign trained dentists, a Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) of at least 100 is required. The institution code for Columbia University College of Dental Medicine is 2094.
- For the hospital based residency, applicants must be graduates of approved dental schools in the United States or Canada. Columbia University Medical Center requires that all hired dental residents have either a US or Canadian dental degree. Otherwise, applicants cannot be hired.
Some applicants will be chosen for admission interviews, which are required before acceptance.
Attending an AEGD program in New York does not necessarily allow students without a DDS/DMD from an ADA accredited program to practice dentistry in the US. For more information about licensing issues, please contact the responsible State Department of Education or the American Dental Association.
How to Apply
- Students must apply to the program through the American Dental Education Association (ADEA) Postdoctoral Application Support Service (PASS), via the PASS website.
- The application deadline is September 15th of the year prior to program admission. All information including recommendation evaluations and National Board scores should be submitted through PASS.
- Students must submit an application fee (see below for payment information).
- There is $125 application fee for those applying to the University-based program to be submitted by credit card at the same time you submit your application.
- All application fees are non-refundable.
To pay by check or money order:
- Checks or money orders must be drawn in U.S. Dollars and mailed to our admissions office; be sure to include your name and AADSAS number on the check. Checks should be made out to “Columbia University.”
Send payment by mail to:
College of Dental Medicine
630 West 168th Street
New York, NY 10032