Externships in AEGD, Endodontics, Orthodontics, Periodontics, or Prosthodontics
The externship program in Advanced Education in General Dentistry (AEGD), Endodontics, Orthodontics, Periodontics, or Prosthodontics is available to dentists enrolled in a GPR or AEGD residency program, and/or third or fourth-year dental students enrolled in US or Canadian dental schools who plan to apply to one of the postdoctoral programs. Externs attend classes and observe the postdoctoral students in the clinic. There is a limit of two externs per month/per specialty. Time commitments vary per program. Externships can be one day up to three days during the Spring semester (January through April). Visit requests after this time period vary by program. Contact the Admissions and Student Affairs office to inquiry about availability. Applications should be submitted at least 1 month prior to the desired dates requested.
|Advanced Education in General Dentistry (AEGD)||1-2 days maximum|
|Endodontics||1-2 full days|
|Orthodontics||1-2 full days|
|Periodontics||1-3 days; full days vary|
|Prosthodontics||1-2 days maximum|
- All applicants must be dentists enrolled in residency programs or dental students enrolled in their 3rd or 4th year of a US or Canadian dental school and be in good academic standing
- A letter from the Dean or other official at the dental school/residency program granting permission for the student to participate in this program is required
- Applicants must submit an application to be considered
- Applicants must be vaccinated, including booster, and provide proof of vaccination as part of the visitor attestation
- Applicants must submit a symptom attestation upon arrival to campus
There is no tuition charge for this program, but participants must find their own housing and pay for their transportation and living expenses.
If you have additional questions, write to: firstname.lastname@example.org