Richard Yoon, DDS
- Associate Professor of Dental Medicine at CUMC
- Program Director, Postdoctoral Residency Training in Pediatric Dentistry
Credentials & Experience
Education & Training
- Columbia University School of Dental & Oral Surgery
- Residency: Yale New Haven Hospital
- Residency: Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital of NewYork-Presbyterian
Honors & Awards
- Fellow, American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- Diplomate, American Board of Pediatric Dentistry
- Samuel Harris Fund for Children's Dental Health, American Dental Association Foundation (2006)
- Biotene Award for Excellence in Hospital Dentistry, Special Care Dentistry (1999) Yale-New Haven/ Yale School of Medicine
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon (1998) College of Dental Medicine
- Behavioral Science Departmental Award
- Alumni Merit Scholar (1994) Columbia University
POSTDOCTORAL TRAINING IN GENERAL, PEDIATRICS AND PUBLIC HEALTH DENTISTRY AND DENTAL HYGIENE (2010-21), FEDERAL GOV
FACULTY DEVELOPMENT IN GENERAL, PEDIATRIC & PUBLIC HEALTH DENTISTRY & DENTAL HYGIENE (2012-18), FEDERAL GOV
FACULTY DEVELOPMENT IN GENERAL, PEDIATRIC & PUBLIC HEALTH DENTISTRY & DENTAL HYGIENE (2012-17), FEDERAL GOV
BIO-BEHAVIORAL CHRONIC DISEASES MANAGEMENT BY FAMILIES OF YOUNG MINORITY CHILDREN (2009-12), FEDERAL GOV
BOOKS FOR BOTTLES (2007-08), ADA FOUNDATION
EVALUATION OF SEVERE EARLY CHILDHOOD CARIES SCREENING METHODS (2006-08), NORTHEAST CENTER FOR RESEARCH TO EVALUATE AND ELIMINATE DENTAL DISPARITIES (NECREEDD)
TEAM-BUILDING FOR ECC PREVENTION (2006-07), ADA FOUNDATION
LEADERSHIP TRAINING IN PEDIATRIC DENTISTRY (2005-13), FEDERAL GOV
Oral Manifestations of COVID-2019-related Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome in Children: A Review of 47 Pediatric Patients. J Am Dent Assoc 2021;152(3):202-208.
Medicaid Dental Provider Enrollment Processes: National Assessment and Policy Recommendations. Pediatr Dent 2020;42(6):441-447.
Cost-benefit Analysis of the Age One Dental Visit for the Privately Insured. Pediatr Dent 2015;37(4):376-380.
General Anesthetic Management of a Child Patient with Epidermolysis Bullosa. Pediatr Dent 2012;34(3):251-253.
Early Childhood Caries Screening Tools: Comparison of Four Approaches. J Am Dent Assoc 2012:143(7):756-63.