- DDS or DMD degree or foreign equivalent
- All candidates must have passed the Integrated National Board Dental Examination (INBDE) to apply. Request an official score report be submitted via the ADEA-PASS application portal.
- Advanced Dental Admissions Test (ADAT) will be optional. Request an official score report be submitted via the ADEA-PASS application portal
- All candidates must submit an official GRE score report. The GRE institution code for Columbia University College of Dental Medicine is 2094. Request an official score report directed to ETS to send scores.
- For Foreign trained dentists, a Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) of at least 100 is required. All candidates must submit an official score report via the ADEA-PASS application portal. The institution code for Columbia University College of Dental Medicine is 2094.
Some applicants will be chosen for admission interviews, which are required before acceptance.
Dental Matching Program
The Postdoctoral Orthodontics Program participates in the Postdoctoral Dental Matching Program. The school’s match program number is 767474.
Besides the application requirements described above, international students must provide the following information:
- Official evaluation of all documents from foreign institutions that are presented as part of the application process is required and should be submitted via the ADEA-PASS application portal. We will accept evaluations from the organizations listed below. Please address any questions about services directly to the organization. Evaluations must contain course-by-course assessments.
World Education Services
P.O. Box 745
Old Chelsea Station
New York, NY
Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc.
P.O. Box 92970
Milwaukee, WI 53202-0970
Attending an orthodontic program in New York does not necessarily allow students without a DDS/DMD from an ADA accredited program to practice dentistry in the US. For more information about licensing issues, please contact the responsible State Department of Education or the American Dental Association.
Columbia University College of Dental Medicine does not and will not provide a letter certifying that an international student who has completed the Masters of Science in Orthodontics is qualified for a US DDS.
How To Apply
Students must apply to the program through the American Dental Education Association (ADEA) Postdoctoral Application Support Service (PASS), via the PASS website. Application deadline is September 15th.
In addition to your application, you must submit the following application fee (see below for payment information). All application fees are non-refundable.
You will get an email within several weeks of submitting your online application advising you of the completeness of your file. Please allow ample time to request documentation to be sent to via the ADEA-PASS portal, such as transcripts, GRE results, etc.
There is $125 application fee for those applying to the University-based program to be submitted by credit card at the same time you submit your application. For more information and payment options, please visit our Postdoctoral Application Fee page.