How to Apply
Students must apply to the program through the American Dental Education Association (ADEA) Postdoctoral Application Support Service (PASS), via the PASS website. Application deadline is August 1st. Applicants are required to submit all materials to PASS by the application deadline. PASS is only able to forward applications when all requirements have been met. Applications submitted after the deadline or not completed by the deadline will not be processed by the Admissions Office.
The Endodontics program accepts applicants from US/Canadian accredited schools as well as foreign-trained applicants. All candidates must possess a DDS/DMD degree or foreign equivalent prior to the start of the program.
National Board Dental Examination (NBDE) and the Integrated National Board Dental Examination (INBDE)
- Applicants that have completed their dental program (US/Canadian or International) Spring 2020 or prior must have taken and passed Part I & Part II at the time of the application. Candidates who have completed testing must request an official score report be submitted via the ADEA-PASS application portal by the application deadline of August 1st.
- Applicants that are in the process of completing their dental program (US/Canadian or International) and have not taken the NBDE Part I or II must have taken and passed the INBDE prior to the application deadline. Candidates who have completed testing must request an official score report be submitted via the ADEA-PASS application portal by the application deadline of August 1st.
*If you are taking the INBDE after the August 1st deadline please notify the admissions office at firstname.lastname@example.org with the date that you are scheduled to take the exam.
Advanced Dental Admissions Test (ADAT)
- Submission of the ADAT score is required to apply. Candidates who have completed testing must request an official score report be submitted via the ADEA-PASS application portal by the application deadline of August 1st.
Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- Submission of an official score report of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score of at least 100 is required. Applicants must be able to demonstrate adequate command of the English language in the following areas: reading, writing, speaking and listening. Official score reports are to be submitted via the ADEA-PASS application portal at the time you are applying. Applications completed in PASS without submitting an official score report must have an official report requested via the Educational Testing Service (ETS) portal. The institution code for Columbia University - College of Dental Medicine is 2094. TOEFL scores cannot be more than two years old of the application deadline. "My Best" TOEFL scores are accepted and must be within two (2) years old of the application deadline.
- Applicants are required to submit a minimum of four (4) recommendation letters: One (1) of the four letters must be an Institutional Evaluation letter and three (3) of the letters must be professional evaluation letters from dental faculty. PASS allows up to five (5) recommendation letters: one (1) Institutional Evaluation letter and four (4) professional evaluation letters from dental faculty. All letters must be uploaded into the PASS application. Additional letters beyond the allowable amount in PASS will not be accepted if sent directly to the Admissions Office.
- If you have a special circumstance regarding acceptable letters of recommendation, please send inquiries to email@example.com.
- Applicants wishing to submit updated CVs or personal statements must contact the PASS helpdesk for assistance. These documents are not to be sent to the admissions office.
- Submission of an application fee of $125 that must besubmited by credit card at the same time you submit your application. For more information and credit card payment options, please visit our Postdoctoral Application Fee page. All application fees are non-refundable. No other method of payment will be accepted.
- Submit a 2x2 passport size photograph in jpeg format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some applicants will be chosen for admission interviews, which are required before acceptance.
Besides the application requirements described above, international students must provide the following information:
Official evaluation of all documents from foreign institutions that are presented as part of the application process is required and should be submitted via the ADEA-PASS application portal. We will accept evaluations from the organizations listed below. Please address any questions about services directly to the organization. Evaluations must contain course-by-course assessments.
World Education Services
P.O. Box 745
Old Chelsea Station
New York, NY
Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc.
P.O. Box 92970
Milwaukee, WI 53202-0970
Attending this program in New York does not necessarily allow students without a DDS/DMD from an ADA accredited program to practice dentistry in the US. You can review the American Dental Association website for licensure overview of specific state requirements. International candidates should review State Licensure for International Dentists.
Columbia University College of Dental Medicine does not and will not provide a letter certifying that an international student who has completed this program is qualified for a US DDS.