Candidates must be graduates of approved dental schools in the United States or Canada. Note: Columbia University Medical Center requires that all hired dental residents have either a U.S. or Canadian dental degree. Otherwise, applicants cannot be hired.
Selected applicant will be invited for the interview, which are required before acceptance. The candidate will be interviewed by four pathologists; Dr. Angela Yoon, Dr. Elizabeth Philipone, Dr. Carlos Pagan, and Dr. Kathleen O’Toole.
How to Apply
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled for a July 1 start date. Prospective students must download and fill out the application and submit it with the following supporting materials:
- Three letters of recommendation (one from the director of the oral pathology department at your school, if possible)
- Official dental school transcript
- Other graduate level program transcripts (if applicable)
- Photocopy of national board score report
- Curriculum Vitae
- Copies of publications and other pertinent materials that are listed on your CV
- There is no application fee
We strictly adhere to Columbia University's Non-Discrimination Policy throughout the resident selection process. Candidates are notified of their status through email and an official letter will be sent via U.S. postal service.
The completed application package should be sent to:
Elizabeth Philipone, DMD
Columbia University Medical Center
630 W. 168 Street, PH15W-1562
New York, New York 10032