Columbia University Symposium at the GNY Dental Meeting: Integrating Oral Care into the Greater Healthcare System
Evidenced-based approaches to practice, and the potential change in dental reimbursement driven by the Affordable Care Act, will require the successful practice to provide services that are in alignment with maintaining the patient’s overall oral and systemic health. Insurance companies will look at outcome measures, not just at the procedures provided. In preparation for these changes, the practitioner will need to have a better and broader understanding of future oral care delivery and financial repercussions.
- Continuing Education Credits: 3
- Course: 6420
- Scroll down below to access registration link.
- Prepare for imminent changes in health care delivery and reimbursement and associated financial implications; understand To prepare for imminent changes in health care delivery and reimbursement and associated financial implications
- The science behind the relationship between oral health and systemic disease
- To manage your practice through an evidenced based approach
- The potential complications of oral inflammation on systemic health
- Understand the effects of prescribing various medications
- The advantages of offering nutritional counseling and suggesting lifestyle changes
- Wed, Nov. 30, 2016
- 1:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Jacob K. Javits Convention Center
655 West 34th Street
New York, NY 10001
- Education fee: $95
Speakers and Panelists
- Dr. Christian S. Stohler - Dean, Columbia University College of Dental Medicine; SVP, Columbia University Medical Center
- Dr. James B. Fine - Professor of Clinical Dental Medicine; Senior Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, Columbia University CDM
- Dr. Joseph V. Errante - Asst. Professor of Dental Medicine; Senior Associate Dean for Clinical Affairs, Columbia University CDM
- Dr. John T. Grbic - Professor of Dental Medicine; Director, Division of Foundational Sciences, Columbia University CDM
- Dr. Evanthia Lalla - Professor of Dental Medicine; Senior Associate Dean for Faculty Development, Columbia University CDM
- Dr. Panos N. Papapanou - Professor of Dental Medicine; Chair, Section of Oral, Diagnostic and Rehabilitation Sciences, CDM
- Dr. Denis F. Kinane - Morton Amsterdam Dean; Professor, Departments of Pathology and Periodontology, University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine
See GNY Dental Meeting website for details. Request for refunds to the Greater New York Dental Meeting must be in writing and postmarked no later than November 14, 2016. Refunds requested after this date will not be granted, including requests made based on absence due to illness, late arrivals for courses, weather and/or parking difficulties. A $10 processing fee will be deducted from all refunds. Course tickets and/or badges must be included with the cancellation/refund request. Refunds will be mailed in February 2017 from the Greater New York Dental Meeting. Columbia University cannot assume responsibility for losses due to participants' travel arrangements. Tuitions for no-shows will be forfeited.
Sponsorship of a course by Columbia University College of Dental Medicine does not necessarily reflect the philosophy of the College or endorsement of a procedure or product. We reserve the right to modify course content or faculty at any time
For questions about this course, please contact: