- June 1: AADSAS application opens
- June - August: Ideal time to apply
- August: Invitations for interviews begin (rolling basis thereafter)
- September: Interviews begin every Friday, except holidays
- December 1: First offers of admissions are mailed
- December 31: Last day to submit AADSAS application for the College of Dental Medicine
- January - February: Entering class begins to take shape
- March - April: Waitlist is utilized to fill the class
- August: Orientation! First year begins.
Applications to the College of Dental Medicine should be submitted online through the Associated American Dental Schools Application Service (AADSAS). Applications are accepted between June 1st and December 31st for each academic year. Applicants are strongly urged to submit all materials as early as possible, as applications are considered on a rolling basis.
The following documents must be submitted to AADSAS along with your application:
- Dental Admission Test (DAT) Scores: All applicants must take the Dental Admission Test to be considered for admission. Official results should be reported via AADSAS; unofficial copies will not be accepted as part of the application.
- Three confidential letters of recommendation from science professors or one composite letter from a pre-health committee must be submitted directly to AADSAS. Additional letters of recommendation from employers or non-science professors will be accepted, but will not satisfy the requirement.
- Official Transcripts: Candidates should contact all former academic institution(s) to obtain official copies of academic records, which must be sent directly to AADSAS application service.
The Admissions Committee reviews applications on a rolling basis beginning in August. Selected applicants will be invited for a tour and interview. Interviews are scheduled on Fridays from September to February and take place at the College of Dental Medicine. Applicants who are selected for an interview will be notified through the AADSAS portal.
The first round of accepted applicants are notified through the AADSAS portal on December 1st in accordance with ADEA traffic rules. If offered admission, you will have 30 days to respond to our offer. Applications will continue to be reviewed through the spring. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by mail.
Candidates can check the status of their applications online with AADSAS or by emailing the Admissions office at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling the Admissions Office at (212) 305-3478. Please update the ADEA-AADSAS web portal with changes to your contact information as soon as they occur.
If you are offered a place on our waitlist, you will need to respond within 30 days and let us know that you are interested in being considered as an alternate. Waitlist candidates will be considered in the months of February through April.
- In addition to your AADSAS application, you must submit an application fee of $75 to the College of Dental Medicine
- All application fees are non-refundable (this includes duplicate payments)