American Association of Dental Research (AADR)
AADR Student Research Fellowships
- Proposals are sought in basic and clinical research related to oral health.
American Dental Education Association (ADEA)
2015 ADEA/Crest Oral-B Laboratories Scholarships for Predoctoral Dental Students Pursuing Academic Careers
- These scholarships support dental students who seek education beyond a doctoral degree and who have an interest in academic careers.
2015 ADEA Preventive Dentistry Scholarships
- These scholarships support predoctoral dental students who have demonstrated academic excellence in preventive dentistry.
2015 ADEA/Sigma Phi Alpha Linda DeVore Scholarship
- This Scholarship is awarded to an individual pursuing allied dental education study at the baccalaureate, master’s, or doctoral degree level.
New York Academy of Medicine
Margaret E. Mahoney Fellowships
- These Fellowships support students who wish to conduct summer research projects on some aspect of health care delivery transformation for vulnerable populations and/or early childhood health and development, with an emphasis on policy implications.
National Institutes of Health (NIH)
Clinical Center Summer Internships
- During this internship students work with mentors who are researchers and health professionals; participate in the NIH Research Poster Day with results generated by their work in this summer program; and attend weekly lectures presented by NIH investigators.
Clinical & Translational Research Course for PhD Students at the NIH Clinical Center
- This two-week intensive introductory course is offered in July, by the NIH Clinical Center (CC) at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) campus in Bethesda, Maryland. The purpose of the course is to demonstrate the role of PhD scientists in clinical and translational research, provide an overview and examples of how basic science and clinical observations lead to translational research, and increase awareness and access to PhD role models, research resources, and potential career opportunities at the NIH.
- The Clinical Electives Program (CEP) at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) offers 33 rotations in a wide range of clinical disciplines as well as individualized tutorials for students who desire a total research experience.
NIH Medical Research Scholars Program
- The Medical Research Scholars Program (MRSP) is a comprehensive, year-long research enrichment program designed to attract the most creative, research-oriented medical, dental, and veterinary students to the intramural campus of the NIH in Bethesda, MD. Student scholars engage in mentored basic, clinical, or translational research projects on the main NIH campus in Bethesda, or at close by NIH facilities.
Postbaccalaureate Intramural Research Training Award (Postbac IRTA/CRTA)
- The NIH Postbac IRTA program (CRTA, Cancer Research Training Award, in the National Cancer Institute) provides recent college graduates who are planning to apply to graduate or professional (medical/dental/pharmacy) school an opportunity to spend one or two years performing full-time research at the NIH. Postbac IRTAs/CRTAs work side-by-side with some of the leading scientists in the world, in an environment devoted exclusively to biomedical research.
Summer Internship Program in Biomedical Research (SIP)
- Summer programs at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) provide an opportunity to spend eight weeks working at the NIH side-by-side with some of the leading scientists in the world, in an environment devoted exclusively to biomedical research.
NIH/National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research
NIDCR Summer Dental Student Award
- The NIDCR Summer Dental Student Award is designed to give talented dental students hands-on research experience and exposure to the latest advances in oral health research. Selected candidates are assigned to mentors who conduct research in the students’ areas of interest. Participation in the program may result in presentation of research findings at a scientific meeting or co-authorship of scientific publications.