Oral Pathology Biopsy Service
Columbia Oral Diagnostic Biopsy Service and NewYork–Presbyterian Hospital Laboratories are based at the Columbia University Irving Medical Center in New York City. We collaborate to provide international leadership in basic and clinical research, dental and medical education, and health care. We deliver comprehensive, high quality, Oral & Maxillofacial and Anatomic Pathology laboratory services available to the Columbia University Irving Medical Center, its affiliates, and the dental/medical community nationally.
Our fully certified laboratories serve Columbia University Irving Medical Center and offer a wide range of diagnostic and prognostic tests that include applications of advanced technology and the latest research findings. We serve dentists and physicians in private practice, clinics, and hospitals throughout the tri–state area, nationally and internationally.
Academic oriented and board-certified Oral & Maxillofacial Pathologists with extensive expertise provide comprehensive diagnostic interpretations and consultations. We assure the highest quality through peer–review and subspecialty expertise.
We provide accurate and rapid reporting. For specimens not requiring special techniques, a written report is provided within one to two working days. We provide telephone consultation and rush biopsy processing in appropriate circumstances. Reporting is available by fax, mail, electronic interface or as requested.
- Specimen bottle with white lid containing 10% neutral buffered formalin
- Columbia specimen requisition form
- Plastic zip bags for the specimen bottles
- Padded bubble mailers to place the requisition and the enveloped specimen bottles
- FedEx shipping instructions card, specimen bag, and billable stamp (prepaid postage sticker to be affixed to FedEx specimen bag)
Billing and Insurance Support
Columbia Diagnostic Biopsy Service is currently contracted with the insurance plans listed below. However, we will submit insurance claims for all pathology services regardless of participation status. You are responsible for all co-payments, deductibles, and non-covered services as indicated by your insurance plan.
For general billing questions, please call 212-305-7399.
- 1199 National Benefit Fund
- Aetna/US Healthcare
- Affinity Health Plan
- Amerigroup Community Care
- Cigna Health Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield of NY (HMO,POS,PPO,EPO,CHP)
- HIP (Health Insurance Plan of New York)
- Neighborhood Health Providers (NHP)
- New Jersey Medicaid
- Oxford Health Plans
- Railroad Medicare
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare – The Empire Plan