Advising and Academic Support
The faculty and staff at the College of Dental Medicine are dedicated to providing a positive academic experience for all of its students. Resources available to students include:
- Open door policy at the Office of Student Affairs- Associate Dean, Assistant Dean, and staff, and are available to meet with students to discuss an array of concerns
- Student Success Network (SSN) review sessions- P&S student run organization providing review materials and sessions for the fundamentals part of the curriculum
- Dedicated College of Dental Medicine SSN tutors- 3rd year students are hired as tutors to provide 1st year students with academic support
- Office of Diversity Affairs Teaching Assistant – a 4th year student is hired as a TA to provide academic and personal support for 1st year students through the Office of Diversity Affairs
- Alumni mentoring events- throughout the year, the Office of Alumni affairs organizes events to bring alumni and current College of Dental Medicine students together; thereby building lasting mentoring relationships
- Faculty advising program- designated faculty will be assigned to a group of students to advise and meet with them throughout their 4 years. Students can bring concerns to these advisors who will provide academic and career mentoring.
- College of Dental Medicine Student led efforts- ASDA and SNDA hold review sessions throughout the year to assist students with different parts of the curriculum; these are well organized and extremely successful efforts that have been long standing at the College of Dental Medicine.